Some of the best birding and wildlife in southern France
Day trips, residential tours, private guiding and free resources – birds, butterflies, orchids and more!
Come by train for some #lowcarbonbirding
See more wildlife with our local expert guides
Birding Languedoc is a non-profit organisation working to promote and protect the local wildlife.
“What a marvelous introduction to not only the birds but the scenery, culture and life in Languedoc. It was very impressive and very well organised… We also saw the birds!”
MB March 2022
“Very well organised. Carefully planned with thought to the species likely to be found and suitable accessible locations”.
KH March 2022
“Well organised, friendly people, fantastic birds.”
DG March 2022
“The trip was great and exceeded all my expectations.”
SM March 2022
“Well organised, wonderful diverse locations to visit, good guiding.”
JG March 2020
“Well organised with expert knowledge of the habitats, recent sightings, and birds and flowers likely to be seen. Friendly guidance with a care to individuals’ needs which led to a great atmosphere within the group. The accommodation was typically French, colourful, every need anticipated…”.
KM April 2022
“Great birds and flowers, wonderfully varied habitats, beautiful and comfortable accommodation, great food and drink, informed and friendly leadership and great company.”
GB May 2022
Birds you can see in the Languedoc
Why choose Birding Languedoc…
- Local knowledge = you SEE MORE
- 100% profits go to local wildlife projects
- The only Languedoc specialists
- English speaking tour leaders
- Expert local guides
- Focus on customer service
- Find out more…
Guided birding & wildlife tours
- Birding day trips in English with an ornithologist >
- Wild flower day trips in English >
- Small group guided tours >
- Private guiding >
Free resources for DIY birders
- “Where to watch” guides
- “Which bird when” list
- Free app “Birdwatching Narbonnaise”
- Birder friendly accommodation
- Short film highlighting bird species and habitat diversity in the Narbonnaise
- Organise your own trip with our help
Birding in the Languedoc – some of the best birdwatching in France!
Did you know that close to 40% of the Western Palearctic birds have been seen in the Languedoc area of southern France? That’s over 350 species!
Resident, nesting, migrating and over-wintering birds, the wide variety of species found in the Languedoc-Roussillon area is largely due to its position on the Western Mediterranean Flyway and its exceptional geographic diversity, which combine to offer some of the best birding in France.
It is our aim to help you to discover birds ranging from Bonelli’s warbler to Bonelli’s eagle and plenty in between!
• Download free birding resources and organise your own trip
• Ask us to organise a custom birding or wildlife trip tailored to your interests, dates and budget
• Join a small group guided tour to see birds, butterflies or orchids (or all three!) – and let us take care of everything!
• Privatise one of our scheduled trips for your birdwatching club or a group of friends
• Join a guided day trip for English speaking birders as part of a trip to the area
• Request a talk for your group
As the Languedoc birding and wildlife specialists, we can help you discover the amazing birds and wildlife of this unspoilt part of southern France, Europe’s exciting new nature tourism destination on the Western Mediterranean Flyway!